Bortolotti, Mapelli Join K-PAX as FFF Withdraws Indy 8H Entry – Sportscar365


Photo: Bob Chapman/K-PAX Racing

Lamborghini factory drivers Mirko Bortolotti and Marco Mapelli will complete K-PAX Racing’s lineup for next weekend’s Indianapolis 8 Hour following the withdrawal of FFF Racing Team’s Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo from the event.

Bortolotti and Mapelli were due to join newly crowned Fanatec GT World Challenge America powered by AWS champion Andrea Caldarelli at the wheel of the Chinese-entered squad’s season-long Intercontinental GT Challenge powered by Pirelli entry.

Instead, Caldarelli will remain at K-PAX for the race alongside Bortolotti and GTWC America co-champion Jordan Pepper in the No. 3 Lamborghini, with Mapelli joining full-season K-PAX drivers Corey Lewis and Giovanni Venturini in the No. 6 entry.

No word has been given on the reason for FFF’s withdrawal, which has in turn bolstered K-PAX’s lineup.

“Our driver lineup for this race is as strong as any team coming into this event,” said K-PAX program manager Darren Law.

“We are very proud of the performance we have shown this season and also very thankful for the support and trust that Lamborghini Squadra Corse has placed in K-PAX Racing.

“To be representing Lamborghini in this race and helping to support the effort in the Intercontinental GT Challenge means a lot.”

Caldarelli, Pepper, K-PAX and Lamborghini wrapped up the GTWC America Pro class titles during last weekend’s event at Sebring International Raceway, which marked the team’s tenth Pro class victory of the season.

The California-based team fielded a factory-supported Bentley Continental GT3 in last year’s Indy 8 Hour, which ended in an early retirement.

“We have some unfinished business at the eight-hour event at Indianapolis,” Law said.

“Last year, we had a very fast car and were leading the race when we were hit by a GT4 car and taken out of contention.

“We have had a full season with the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo and are becoming more comfortable every weekend with the setup and things required to get the most out of the car.

“The competition will be extremely strong, and we are looking forward to the challenge.

“We are very comfortable with the longer distance events and having spent a full season last year in the SRO GT World Challenge Endurance Cup Series in Europe, it gives us not only experience with this form of racing.

“But we also have a better understanding and respect for the level of competition we will be up against.”

Up to 30 GT3 cars are expected for the Oct. 15-17 event, with the final entry list set to be released later this week.

Click on the button to load the content from sportscar365.substack.com.

Load content


John Dagys


John Dagys is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Sportscar365. Dagys spent eight years as a motorsports correspondent for FOXSports.com and SPEED Channel and has contributed to numerous other motorsports publications worldwide. Contact John




Source link

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply