The Herberth Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 R (#91, Daniel Allemann / Ralf Bohn / Alfred Renauer) is one of three different GT cars to have led the Hankook 12H HUNGARY outright thus far, despite losing time with a collision at the very start of the event.
The MP Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3 (#58, Thomas Gostner / David Gostner / Corinna Gostner) made a strong start from 3rd on the grid and was already alongside both Herberth entries heading into turn one, only to slide wide into the #91 Porsche.
Despite damage to the bodywork, Ralf Bohn was quickly back up to speed, first moving past the sister Herberth #92 for 2nd and then the fast-starting CP Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3 (#85, Charles Putman / Charles Espenlaub / Joe Foster / Shane Lewis) to head the field.
Pitting for fuel under the event’s first Code 60 though meant the #91 Herberth lost track position and had to work its way to the front all over again. Bohn’s efforts were aided considerably when the CP Racing Mercedes ran wide at turn five shortly before the first hour ticked by, this rare error from Charles Espenlaub allowing the Porsche back through into the lead where it has remained since.
Across the opening two hours, 63 laps of the 4.381km Hungaroring have already been completed.
“My wish was a first clear corner, and as you saw, it went otherwise,” Ralf Bohn explained to radiolemans.com’s Lukas Gajewski. “I had a little problem on the rear and then I started saving fuel, but it’s all good. We’re not sure exactly who will start tomorrow, but my wish will be exactly the same: a first corner that is clear.”
The Car Collection Motorsport Audi R8 LMS EVO2 (#500, Martin Rump / Martin Lechmann / Nathanaël Berthon), making its second start in the 24H SERIES following last month’s Hankook 24H BARCELONA, currently lies 2nd. The second evolution Evo made a scintillating start to jump from 11th on the grid to 4th into turn one, and was even harrying Herberth Motorsport for the overall lead in the early stages. Across the line, the Audi was just four seconds adrift. CP Racing still holds 3rd.
The second Herberth Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 R (#92, Jürgen Häring / Bobby Gonzales / Marco Seefried / Daniel Allemann) secured the Bavarian team’s third pole position of the season earlier this afternoon, but has since slipped to 4th after a fighting drive with its rivals.
In an impressive display of teamwork, the lead #91 Porsche dropped nearly 15s per lap off the pace during the final tour to keep its sister #92 on the lead lap for tomorrow’s restart. The Rutronik Racing by TECE Audi R8 LMS GT3 meanwhile (#18, Michael Doppelmayr / Pierre Kaffer / Swen Herberger) rounds out the overall top five after a quiet run.
A BMW M6 GT3 is competing in the 24H SERIES for the very first time this weekend at the Hungaroring courtesy of JR Motorsport (#2, Ted van Vliet / Ruud Olij / Bas Schouten), and is running a solid 6th just ahead of the BMW M4 of GT4-class leader, ST Racing (#438, Samantha Tan / Chandler Hull / Jon Miller).
Having avoided significant damage from its early contact, MP Racing is now 7th, and in spite of an off-track moment for Fabrizio Broggi and a fleeting glance against the barriers, 991-class leader Willi Motorsport by Ebimotors Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (#955, Fabrizio Broggi / Sergiu Nicolae / Sabino de Castro) is 9th overall.
Despite falling out of the overall top 10 during the pit stops, the RD Signs racing team Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo (#720, Audrius Butkevicius / Nicola Michelon / Paulius Paskevicius) leads GTX on its return to the 24H SERIES. Its nearest rival meanwhile – the Vortex V8 Vortex 1.0 (#701, Philippe Bonnel / Gilles Courtois / Nicolas Nobs) – has already lost an hour in the pits to an electrical issue.
After a flurry of TCE pit stops on the approach to the overnight intervention, the Autorama Motorsport by Wolf-Power Racing Volkswagen Golf GTi TCR DSG (#1, Constantin Kletzer / Lukasz Stolarcyk / Emil Heyerdahl / Fabian Danz) now leads the division, albeit by just 90s from its sister Volkswagen (#112, Miloš Pavlović / Christoph Lenz / Jasmin Preisig / Emil Heyerdahl). The former also secured TCE pole position earlier this afternoon.
Long-time leader Red Camel-Jordans.nl (#101, Ivo Breukers / Luc Breukers / Rik Breukers), which is running an Audi RS 3 LMS this weekend for the first time, is currently 3rd in-class ahead of championship rival, and fellow Audi runner, AC Motorsport (#188, Stéphane Perrin / Mathieu Detry). Impressively, all four TCR entrants will take tomorrow’s restart on the same lap.
After a solid run, the Munckhof Racing BMW M4 GTR (#210, Eric van den Munckhof / Marco Poland) lies 5th.
After the event’s overnight intervention, the 2021 Hankook 12H HUNGARY will resume tomorrow at 08.30 hrs local time, and will run uninterrupted until the chequered flag is flown at 18.30 hrs tomorrow evening.
The action will be live with commentary from radiolemans.com on the official 24H SERIES YouTube channel. Regular updates will also be published on Twitter (@24HSeries), Facebook (24H Series) and Instagram (24H Series). Further details can be found on www.24hseries.com.
The 24H SERIES powered by Hankook will return to the Hungaroring this year on 2-3 October, doing so for the first time since 2014. The 4.381 km Hungaroring became the first European circuit to host an official 24H SERIES event in 2008, two years after Dutch promoter CR more >>
Four instead of two wheels: MotoGP™ ace Miguel Oliveira will be swapping his bike for a special guest appearance in the KTM X-BOX GTX cockpit at the Barcelona 24 hours race of the Creventic 24 H Series. The three-time MotoGP race wi more >>
With less than two months to go until the 22nd running of the Hankook 24H BARCELONA, more than 30 entries have already been confirmed for the event on 3-4-5 September. Provisional entry list download more >>
– 30 entries already registered for the 2022 Hankook 6H ABU DHABI Interest continues to grow for next year’s non-championship Hankook 6H ABU DHABI on 21-22 January, with more than 20 teams having already registered 30 entries collectively. Provi more >>
• Haegeli by T2 Racing beats MiddleCap racing with Scuderia Praha by just 53 seconds at 2021 Hankook 12H HOCKENHEIMRING.• Leipert Motorsport on the podium in successful GT3-class return.• Bas Koeten Racing takes 991 1-2 ahead of championship leader DUWO Racing.•   more >>
• Autorama Motorsport by Wolf-Power Racing and AC Motorsport separated by just four seconds at the chequered flag.• Early TCE contender CWS Engineering loses wheel; still finishes on the podium.• GSR Motorsport takes first TCR-class podium on 24H SERIES return. more >>
• Scuderia Praha, Haegeli by T2 Racing, and Leipert Motorsport in the hunt for GT victory. • GTX leader Reiter Engineering hits trouble in closing moments.• 991 podium contenders separated by less than one minute.• ST Racing leads GT4 after early issues for PRO more >>
MiddleCap racing with Scuderia Praha will start its second consecutive 24H SERIES event from pole position following a session that saw three of the top four contenders split by an incredibly tight 0.009s. • &nb more >>
In ideal weather conditions, the #20 Mercedes-AMG started the 12-hour race at Circuit Paul Ricard, in the south of France, from eighth place. Christian Hook wasted little time in gaining a few positions during an eventful start, before the first Code 60 phase neutralised the field. For the rest of the race, the trio of drivers produced virtually flawless stints to remain in touch wi more >>
Like before at Mugello, team AC Motorsport was on the podium at the third round of the 24H Series at Le Castellet. The Belgian squad finished third in the TCR class after twelve hours of racing with privateers Stéphane Perrin, Mathieu Detry and David more >>
• Reigning TCE Teams’ champion Autorama Motorsport seals 1-2 finish.• Long-time leader AC Motorsport felled with just two hours left to run.• Collision eliminates RC2 Junior Team by Cabra Racing CUPRA Leon Competición. • Nordschleife Racing beats C more >>
• Herberth Motorsport holds off MiddleCap racing with Scuderia Praha for GT honours.• Reiter Engineering KTM seals GTX win after commanding run.• Porsche Lorient Racing takes 991-category victory on series return.• PROsport Racing Aston Martin wins attrit more >>
• Ferrari fends off both Herberth Motorsport Porsches to take GT Häring Pole Position. • Reiter Engineering seals GTX pole after Vortex V8 hits trouble. • Porsche Lorient Racing on 991 pole on 24H SERIES return.• Standings leader ST Racing on top in more >>
Circuit Paul Ricard is the next stop for the SPS automotive performance team. This weekend, the Willsbach-based team lines up at the 12 Hours of Paul Ricard, which forms part of the Creventic 24H Series. Steffen Görig, Christian Hook and Valentin Pierburg will be at the wheel of the #20 Mercedes-AMG GT3 at the circuit in the south of France. more >>
Customer Racing team CP Racing put in a consistently strong performance in the 12-hour race at the Mugello Circuit, which constituted the second round of this year’s 24H SERIES.
The number 85 car, one of three Mercedes-AMG GT3s on the grid, mount more >>
Class win at its Endurance Race debut in Europe- The KTM X-BOW GTX takes the class win in its first long-distance race in Europe as well- Moreover, it scores a top-ten overall result in the 12-hour race of the Creventic 24 H Series more >>
• Herberth Motorsport becomes event’s first outright three-time winner.• The fight for the runners-up spot goes down to the proverbial wire.• Reiter Engineering secures comfortable GTX class win.• 991 victory almost slips through Willi Motorsport by Ebimo more >>
• Just 25 seconds separates NKPP Racing by Bas Koeten Racing and AC Motorsport at the four-hour mark. • Autorama Motorsport by Wolf-Power Racing is one car down already. • Speed Lover holds comfortable lead in TCX. more >>
• Teamwork in the closing laps ensures both Herberth Motorsport Porsches stay in the top four ahead of tomorrow’s restart.• DINAMIC Motorsport snatches 2nd on the line from Scuderia Praha. • Reiter Engineering leads GTX after dramatic exit of early leader Leipert Motorsport. &b more >>
• Brand new CUPRA Leon Competición set to make 24H SERIES debut.• Two-time TCE champion Autorama Motorsport by Wolf-Power Racing headlines division.• Former TCE champion Hofor Racing by Bonk Motorsport makes series return in TC. more >>
• 13 cars confirmed for Porsche-only Cup class.• Italy vs. Italy for 991-class honours at Mugello.• Former Hankook 24H DUBAI winner makes its return. • Series champion Team Avia Sorg Rennsport continues GT4 title defence. more >>
• Two-time event winner Herberth Motorsport confirms four entries.• 2019 series champion Scuderia Praha makes series return.• Three Ferraris on the grid for the Hankook 12H MUGELLO. • Lotus returns to the 24H SERIES grid with PB Racing. more >>
The first European round of this year’s 24H SERIES powered by Hankook looks set to be a competitive affair with more than two dozen teams confirming over 50 entries for the Hankook 12H MUGELLO on 26-27 March. more >>
CREVENTIC is pleased to announce the latest addition to its online racing program – the CREVENTIC Endurance Series (CES) – will make its official debut this April with a virtual event at the legendary Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. L more >>