28.08.2021: Perfect qualifying result for AKKA ASP with #88 Mercedes-AMG
JOTA McLaren loses opening race pole following two-place grid penalty for Barnicoat
Emil Frey Racing Lamborghini and Toksport WRT Mercedes-AMG share Silver Cup poles
• Perfect qualifying result for AKKA ASP with #88 Mercedes-AMG
• JOTA McLaren loses opening race pole following two-place grid penalty for Barnicoat
• Emil Frey Racing Lamborghini and Toksport WRT Mercedes-AMG share Silver Cup poles
• Barwell Motorsport sweeps Pro-Am qualifying with #77 Lamborghini
AKKA ASP will start both of tomorrow’s Sprint Cup races at Brands Hatch from pole position after Timur Boguslavskiy and Raffaele Marciello topped their respective qualifying sessions at the British circuit.
Boguslavskiy initially secured second on the grid, 0.064s shy of Ben Barnicoat (#38 JOTA McLaren), before the British driver was demoted two places for impeding rival cars. This promoted the Russian to his first overall pole in the Sprint Cup, one place ahead of title rival Charles Weerts (#32 Team WRT Audi), setting up a high-stakes dash to turn 1 in tomorrow’s opening contest.
Despite his penalty, Barnicoat’s third-place grid slot still matches the best of the season for the #38 McLaren. The Brit will share the second row with Luca Stolz (#6 Mercedes-AMG Team Toksport WRT), who had earlier topped pre-qualifying but could not quite match that performance at the crucial moment.
Ricardo Feller bagged fifth overall and Silver Cup pole with a late flyer in the #14 Emil Frey Racing Lamborghini. Indeed, the Swiss pilot may have climbed even further up the 28-car grid had he not encountered traffic on his best lap. Crucially, however, it was enough to beat class rival Pierre Alexandre Jean in the #108 CMR Bentley by 0.093s.
Miguel Ramos gave Barwell Motorsport pole in Pro-Am with a 1m25.357s at the wheel of the #77 Lamborghini. The experienced Portuguese driver was comfortably the quickest man in his class, circulating seven tenths quicker than the next best Pro-Am runner.
Marciello wasted no time in asserting his dominance in the second qualifying session, posting a 1m23.660s in the #88 Mercedes-AMG shortly before rain began to fall on the British circuit. Though by no means heavy, it seemed to be enough to prevent any improvements, particularly on Marciello’s impressive benchmark.
But that did not stop several teams from trying. While the Italian remained in the pits with crew-mate Boguslavskiy, a flurry of cars headed out on-track for the final minutes of the session. As purple sectors began to appear on the timing screens the tension in the AKKA ASP garage visibly increased.
The first to go close was Dries Vanthoor in the #32 Team WRT Audi, whose 1m23.865s was just a tenth shy of Marciello. Maro Engel then went even faster in the #6 Mercedes-AMG Team Toksport WRT machine, but the German’s lap was 0.091s shy of Marciello’s. After a tense wait, the AKKA ASP squad had pole.
Vanthoor will start third, while Jules Gounon was fourth quickest in the #89 AKKA ASP Mercedes-AMG, 0.003s shy of the #32 Audi. Fifth overall and Silver Cup pole belonged to the #7 Toksport WRT Mercedes-AMG of Oscar Tunjo, who had been second only to Marciello when the rain began to fall. Class rivals Ryuichiro Tomita (#31 Team WRT Audi) and Jim Pla (#87 AKKA ASP Mercedes-AMG) were next on the timing screen.
Henrique Chaves was ninth overall to secure a sweep of Pro-Am poles for the #77 Barwell Motorsport Lamborghini, adding another crucial bonus point to his squad’s title challenge. He was made to sweat by a late charge from Jonny Adam (#188 Garage 59 Aston Martin), but ultimately the Portuguese racer had a little over a tenth in hand over his class rival.
Today’s qualifying sessions set the grid for a pair of 60-minute races, which will take place on a packed Sunday at Brands Hatch. Boguslavskiy will lead the field to the green flag for the opening contest at 11:00, while the second outing will begin with Marciello on pole at 15:45. Live coverage will be broadcast live on the official Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS website and Facebook pages, as well as the GTWorld and GTWorld Français YouTube channel.
Walkenhorst Motorsport will compete with three established drivers and three new drivers in the cockpits of the two BMW M6 GT3 in the remaining two races of the season in the Endurance Cup, within the FANATEC GT World Challenge Europe, at the Nürburgring (GER, 5th September) and Barcelona (ESP, 10th October).
• Weerts/Vanthoor lead Team WRT 1-3-4 to complete Misano sweep for Audi squad • Belgian squad takes Silver Cup honours with Bird/Tomita • West/Adam (Garage 59 Aston Martin) bag Pro-Am victory by 0.001s in thrilling final-lap duel more >>
• Weerts and Vanthoor take fourth Misano win from five outings for Team WRT Audi• Tereschenko fends off late attack to share Silver Cup win with Pla for AKKA ASP Mercedes-AMG• Barwell Motorsport Lamborghini back to winning ways in Pro-Am as Ramos and Chaves triumph more >>
• #163 Lamborghini of Costa/Siedler takes victory from sister #14 crew of Feller/Fontana• Silver Cup honours for Feller/Fontana adds to Emil Frey Racing success• SPS Automotive Performance earns breakthrough Pro-Am win with #20 Mercedes-AMG of Pierburg/Baumann more >>
GT World Challenge Europe In the second round of the GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup, AKKA ASP delivered a class win for Mercedes-AMG Motorsport. In the six-hour race at Circuit Paul Ricard, Tho more >>
At the second round of the Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup, Team WRT managed an excellent performance in the race after a difficult weekend. Kelvin van der Linde, Dries Vanthoor and Charles more >>
The second endurance race of the season in the Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe powered by AWS took place last weekend. The six-hour, 1000-kilometre race was hosted by the “Circuit Paul Ricard” in Le Castellet (FRA). The Walkenhorst Motorsport more >>
• Solid results after qualifying: P6 for #163, P7 for #114, P17 for #14• EFR bags three points at the Esports race• Early retirement for #163 and #114• #14 secures P13 in the overall ranking and P2 in the Silver Cup more >>
Ollie Wilkinson delivered a stand-out performance in his debut Circuit Paul Ricard 1000km race, helping JOTA team-mates Rob Bell and Ben Barnicoat to bring home the top McLaren 720S GT3 of the 47-car field, 14th in the Pro class.Undertaking his first season as more >>
• Dubai-based squad overcomes Orange1 FFF Racing Lamborghini in six-hour contest• AKKA ASP Mercedes-AMG takes Silver Cup honours on home turf• Sky Tempesta Racing seals Pro-Am victory with late charge from #93 Ferrari more >>
Fanatec GTWC pwrd by AWS Endurance Cup Round 3 Paul Ricard (France)28.05.2021 – 30.05.2021Friday, May 28th 2021Live coverage will begin with tomorrow’s qualifying session (10:45) and continues for the six-hour race, which gets underway at 18:00. more >>
…thanks to a rapid lap from Vincent Abril, who hit the top of the timing screens shortly before sunset. The session began in daylight at 20:40 and concluded 90 minutes later in darkness, with the best times coming around the 21:00 mark. This provided teams and drivers with more >>
• More real-world Overall Pro and Silver Teams’ Championship points up for grabs on Saturday afternoon• Live race coverage on SRO’s Twitch, Youtube and Facebook accounts from 13:20 CEST• Entry list: Paul Ricard more >>
Championship: Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Powered By AWSTeam information: SPS Automotive Performance, #40 Mercedes-AMG GT3Track: Circuit Paul RicardTrack length: 5,791km, 15 corners Jordan Love resumes his Fanatec GT Wo more >>
Round two in the Endurance Cup of the GT World Challenge Europe: The next race for HRT is set to take place this weekend (28-30 May) at Circuit Paul Ricard. As part of a strong grid featuring 47 cars in total, the team from Meuspath will again field two Mercedes-AMG GT3s.
In the 6-hour race at Circuit Paul Ricard, JP Motorsport will contest the only Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Endurance event chosen for 2021. Regular drivers Christian Klien and Patryk Krupinski take their places behind the wheel. The trio is completed by Karol Basz.
JP Motorspor more >>
…powered by AWS Endurance Cup Orange1 FFF Racing Team is ready to take the challenge ahead of the Circuit Paul Ricard 1000 km, the second round of the 2021 Endurance Cup of the Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe powered by AWS. more >>
• Six-hour race returns to popular day-night format • French venue set to stage Endurance Cup action for 10th season in succession• Virtual competition resumes with second Fanatec Esports GT Pro Series event of 2021 more >>
McLaren Factory Driver, Ollie Wilkinson and JOTA team-mate Ben Barnicoat came one step away from scoring their first Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS Sprint Cup podium, finishing fourth on their series debut at Magny-Cours today.The JOTA d more >>
• Solid first Qualifying for the #163 Lamborghini (P2) and the #14 (P3)• Two podium finishes after night race: #163 takes P2 while #14 lands on P3 • Early finish in the second race for the #163 Lamborghini due to tire puncture more >>
SPS automotive performance enjoyed a successful start to this season’s Sprint Cup in the GT World Challenge Europe, with two podiums in the Pro-Am class at Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours. In an eventful second race, the Willsbach-based team missed out on class victory in the highly-competitive SRO series by mere tenths of a second. more >>
Mercedes-AMG Motorsport has got the Sprint Cup season in the Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS off to a successful start. Maro Engel (GER) and Luca Stolz (GER) won the second race of the weekend at Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours with the #6 Mercedes-AMG GT3 of the Mercedes-AMG Team Toksport WRT.
• German duo remain in full control despite pressure and late-race safety cars• AKKA ASP take Silver Cup victory on home turf with #87 Mercedes-AMG• Barwell Motorsport capture Pro-Am honours as Ramos and Chaves triumph in #77 Lamborghini more >>
Fanatec GTWorldChEu pwrd by AWS Sprint Cup Magny-CoursSunday, May 9, 2021 STARTED: 27 CLASSIFIED: 26 NOT CLASSIFIED: 1 DISQUALIFIED: 01 6 L.Stolz/M.Engel Mercedes-AMG Team Toksport WRT 33 1:01:30.308 more >>
• Belgian duo in unstoppable form at season-opening Sprint Cup contest • Emil Frey Racing take double overall podium and wrap up Silver Cup win• Machiels stars as AF Corse Ferrari conquers Pro-Am more >>
Fanatec GTWorldChEu pwrd by AWS Sprint Cup Saturday, May 8, 2021 Magny-CoursSTARTED: 27 CLASSIFIED: 26 NOT CLASSIFIED: 1 DISQUALIFIED: 01 32 C.Weerts/D.Vanthoor Team WRT 36 1:00:53.014 156.2 22 1:36.769 164.0PRO A more >>
This weekend, SPS automotive lines up at the next event in the GT World Challenge Europe at Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours, which hosts the first two rounds of the Sprint Cup.After the promising start to the season in the GT World Challenge more >>
Garage 59 records tense win after challenging three-hour race at Monza Jonny Adam, Alexander West and Chris Goodwin win season opener for second successive year D’station Racing leads Super Taikyu poin more >>
• Rougier finishes first with the #114 at the first ever virtual E-Sports race of the GTWCHEU• #14 delivers a strong performance and secures a podium in the overall ranking and victory in the Silver category• #114 ends race early due to tyre puncture• #163 fini more >>
An impressive fightback saw Mercedes-AMG Team HRT (#4) lead the high-quality GT3 field at Autodromo Nazionale Monza, before a puncture dashed any hopes of a top result. In the end, the team had to settle for 13th place. The number 5 car fought hard and was on course for a podium finish in the Silver Cup, but eventually had to settle for 22nd place overall more >>
The Mercedes-AMG Motorsport Customer Racing Teams got the new season of the Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS off to a successful start. In the opening race at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Raffaele Marciello (ITA), Daniel Juncadella (ESP) and Jules Gounon (FRA) finished second overall with the #88 Mercedes-AMG Team AKKA ASP entry. In the Silver Cup, the more >>