01.10.2021: Former champion sets the fastest time in Free Practice 1 in the German GT Championship
Three manufacturers in the first three positions
Field includes many new driver line-ups
• Former champion sets the fastest time in Free Practice 1 in the German GT Championship
• Three manufacturers in the first three positions
• Field includes many new driver line-ups
The run continues: Former champion Jules Gounon (26/F, Team Zakspeed Mobil Krankenkasse Racing) set the fastest time in the opening free practice session of the German GT Championship at the Sachsenring. In doing so, he backed up his impressive performance last time out at the Lausitzring, where he claimed pole position, victory and the fastest lap. Behind the Mercedes-AMG works driver were Porsche and Audi drivers.
NITRO is broadcasting both races at the iconic circuit on free-to-air TV, from 16:00 on Saturday and Sunday. They can also be seen free and without registration in a livestream at motorsport.tv and adac.de/motorsport.
Gounon, who shares the car with Igor Waliłko (24/PL), clocked a fastest lap of 1:18.887 minutes. This made him the only driver to break the 1:19-minute mark.
“The time doesn’t actually mean all that much. We went out on fresh tyres, which not every team did,” said the 2017 champion. “I am always pleased to return to the Sachsenring. It is actually here that my GT3 career got up and running, when I claimed my maiden victory in the ADAC GT Masters in 2016.
As such, it is always very emotional for me to drive here. I am feeling better all the time in the Mercedes-AMG, which I am driving for the first time this year. We obviously want to get another good result this time, but we have to remain modest, work hard, and fight. Then we will see where we stand in qualifying.”
0.285 seconds behind Gounon was Porsche works driver Mathieu Jaminet (26/F, SSR Performance), who shares the 911 GT3 R with defending champion Michael Ammermüller (35/Rotthalmünster). Third place in the one-hour session, with a time of 1:19.196 minutes, went to the Audi R8 LMS of Kim-Luis Schramm (24/Meuspath) and Dennis Marschall (25/Eggenstein, both Rutronik Racing by Tece).
In fourth place was another Porsche: Thomas Preining (23/A) and Christian Engelhart (34/Starnberg, both Küs Team Bernhard) set a personal best of 1:19.219 minutes. Rounding off the top five were Rolf Ineichen (42/CH) and Franck Perera (37/F, both GRT Grasser Racing Team) in the best-placed Lamborghini Huracán GT3 Evo with a time of 1:19.242 minutes.
Audi works driver at Rutronik Racing by Tece
Italian Mattia Drudi (23) is filling in for Pierre Kaffer (44/Schlieren) at Rutronik Racing by Tece at the Sachsenring. The Audi works driver shares the #11 Audi R8 LMS with regular driver Elia Erhart (33/Röttenbach). This is Drudi’s first outing at the demanding, rollercoaster of a circuit.
“It is not an easy track,” said Drudi. “It is very challenging, as it undulates and puts a lot of strain on the tyres. However, it is great fun. It is nice to be back in the ADAC GT Masters after two years away. I want to help Elia in the race for the title in the Pirelli Trophy, but we obviously also want to do well in the overall standings.”
Race winner back at MRS GT-Racing
In Sweden’s Erik Johansson, a former race winner returns to the ADAC GT Masters. The 24-year-old will line up in the MRS GT-Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R for the rest of the season.
Johansson is an old acquaintance for the racing team from Lonsee: in 2020, he won the Sunday race at the Red Bull Ring with the team of Karsten Molitor and Iris Dorr. So far this season, he has been racing for MRS in the Porsche Carrera Cup in North America.
Driver changes in the Lamborghini teams
Saxony-based team T3 Motorsport starts with a new line-up this weekend: regular driver Maximilian Paul (21/Dresden) shares the team’s Lamborghini Huracán GT3 Evo with works driver Marco Mapelli (34/I).
Paul’s previous partner Hugo Sasse (17/Aschersleben) has moved to the GRT Grasser Racing Team, for whom he will also contest the remaining races in Hockenheim and at the Nürburgring, where he will share the driving duties in the #82 Huracán GT3 Evo with Tim Zimmermann (24/Lochau).
ADAC GT Masters SachsenringFriday, October 1, 2021 10:001 13 I.Walilko(POL)(J)/J.Gounon(FRA) Team Zakspeed Mobil Krankenkasse RaciMnge(DrcEeUde)s-AMG GT3 EVO 17 1:18.887 166.3 10:30:572 92 M.Jaminet(FRA)/M.Ammermüller(DEU) SSR more >>
• Schumacher Selection has been a partner of the ADAC GT Masters for two years• Schumacher: “Ideal racing series to raise awareness of the brand”• Ex Formula 1 star runs a team in ADAC Formula 4 more >>
• Former Ferrari Formula 1 test driver is out to shine at the Sachsenring this weekend• The Italian was a member of the Ferrari Driver Academy• Mercedes-AMG works driver is currently second in the German GT Championship more >>
• Marvin Kirchhöfer, Maximilian Paul and David Jahn ahead of their home races• Kirchhöfer celebrates 20 years in motorsport at the Sachsenring • T3 Motorsport from Dresden and Yaco Racing from Plauen do battle for points more >>
• ADAC Racing Weekend, organised by MSC Bork, also postponedAfter the tragic flood disaster in the Eifel and the surrounding regions, the Nürburgring and its infrastructure will continue to be used by rescue services as a headquarters for coordinating relief efforts in the region until 8th August at the earliest.
The Audi R8 LMS was unbeatable at the third event of the 2021 ADAC GT Masters in the Netherlands. On the revamped Zandvoort circuit with its challenging new banked corner, Audi Sport’s customer teams showed strong performances as early as in qualifying.
S more >>
Swiss/German duo unbeatable in Saturday’s race. Ricardo Feller also wins the Pirelli Junior competition. Fellow Audi driver Florian Spengler wins in the Pirelli Trophy.Pole position, the fastest lap of the race, and victory: Ricardo Feller more >>
ADAC GT Masters Circuit ZandvoortFriday, July 9, 2021 10:17• Porsche driver lays down the first marker at the remodelled circuit• Four brands in the first five places• Drivers impressed by new layout more >>
• GRT Grasser Racing aiming to overhaul ADAC GT Masters championship leaders • Marco Mapelli to share number 82 Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO with Tim Zimmermann • Team Principal Gottfried Grasser: “Our season has got off to decent start, but there’s more to co more >>
• Porsche drivers Michael Ammermüller and Mathieu Jaminet lead the championship• ADAC GT Masters lines up for the first time on the new layout at CM.com Circuit Zandvoort• Up to 3,000 spectators per day permitted at the racetrack more >>
Audi Sport driver Dennis Marschall and his teammate Kim-Luis Schramm had secured the best starting position for the second race at the Red Bull Ring: Marschall clinched the first pole position of the season for Audi in this racing series and the first ever for the R8 LMS on th more >>
The second ADAC GT Masters race weekend at Spielberg in Austria saw Mercedes-AMG Motorsport score a total of four top ten results. Maximilian Buhk (GER) and Raffaele Marciello (ITA) delivered the best result at the Red Bull Ring. The duo with the #70 Mercedes-AMG GT3 run by MANN-FILTER Team Landgraf more >>
• Jeffrey Schmidt and Marvin Kirchhöfer claim their first win of the season• Audi drivers Kim-Luis Schramm and Dennis Marschall top the Pirelli Junior competition again• Lamborghini driver Rolf Ineichen repeats yesterday’s success and wins the Pirelli Trophy competition more >>
ADAC GT Masters Red Bull RingSunday, June 13th, 20211 33 K.Schramm(DEU)(J)/D.Marschall(DEU)(J) Rutronik Racing by TECE(DEU) Audi R8 LMS GT3 7 1:28.842 174.9 9:17:042 77 J.Schmidt(CHE)/M.Kirchhöfer(CHE) Callaway Competition(D more >>
• SSR drivers triumph at the Red Bull Ring to extend their championship lead• Audi drivers Kim-Luis Schramm and Dennis Marschall win in the Pirelli Junior competition• Rolf Ineichen victorious in the Pirelli Trophy in his Lamborghini more >>
ADAC GT Masters Red Bull RingSaturday, June 12, 20211 92 M.Ammermüller(DEU)/M.Jaminet(FRA) SSR Performance(DEU) Porsche 911 GT3 R 39 1:02:41.650 161.1 31 1:30.500 171.72 63 M.Bortolotti(ITA)/A.Costa Balboa(ESP) GRT GR more >>
Porsche Carrera Cup & ADAC GT4 Germany Red Bull Ring, Spielberg11-13 June 2021BLACK FALCON will compete in the Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland and the ADAC GT4 Germany at the Red Bull Ring this weekend (11 – 13.06.2021). In the Porsch more >>
• Jack Keithley and Florian Hasse triumph in Austria• Photo finish between Dörr Esports drivers Hasse and Löhner• Win number two of the season for Emre Cihan in the ADAC GT4 eSports Championship more >>