01.10.2021: Five Porsche entries will compete in the third round of the inaugural GT Super Sprint Challenge (GTSSC) when the series travels to the Zhuzhou International Circuit.
Five Porsche entries will compete in the third round of the inaugural GT Super Sprint Challenge (GTSSC) when the series travels to the Zhuzhou International Circuit.
Porsche will be represented in both the GT3 and GTC classes this weekend. Both rounds of the series so far have been held in Shanghai, with Zhuhai set to host Round 4 before a return to the venue of the Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix for the season finale.
Completed in 2019 and situated in the Hunan province of China, the Zhuzhou International Circuit is 3.77 kilometres in length and contains 14 turns. Alongside GTSSC, the track is also set to host Rounds 10-12 of the 2021 Porsche Carrera Cup Asia (PCCA) Presented by AximTrade in October.
PCCA Pro-Am race winner and 2019 GTC China GT champion Zhou Bihuang is set to make his GTSSC debut, competing in the #68 Porsche 911 GT3 R for Team 777 by ClimaxRacing in the GT3 class. Due to previously arranged business commitments, he will only take part in testing and qualifying.
The German marque will have four representatives in the GTC class, all debuting in the series. Li Jia, six-time PCCA Am podium finisher in 2021, will make his maiden appearance in the championship in Silver Rocket’s #828 machine, with Jeffrey Zee also racing for 69 Racing in the #69 car.
Jason Chen begins his GTSSC career in the #99 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, with Freya Deng at the wheel of TRT Racing’s #23 car.
Alexandre Gibot, Managing Director Porsche Motorsport Asia Pacific Ltd.: “The GT Super Sprint Challenge season is now in full flow and proving to be a great series. I’m excited to see the championship travel to a new venue in Zhuzhou and hope that the level of competition remains high. It’s also great to see drivers attracted to GTSSC and making their series debuts with Porsche. We wish all the best to those competing on track this weekend.”
Jeffrey Zee, #69 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup: “Like a lot of other drivers, this weekend will be my first visit to the Zhuzhou International Circuit. It looks like a great track so I’m excited to get out there, familiarise myself with the layout and the conditions and enjoy a safe and fun event.”
Porsche Sports Cup China began its third season on 22-23 May at the Zhuhai International Circuit, where over 120 customers joined the motorsport carnival. The event was also the first time the Porsche Sports Cup China ran alongside the Porsche Carrera Cup Asia. more >>
Shanghai International Circuit, ChinaAfter a sabbatical of more than 12-months, sporting competition in China is finally starting to return to venues all across the country despite the ongoing effects of the pandemic which continues to more >>
The Audi customer team YC Racing started the new GT Super Sprint Challenge race series at Shanghai with a good result. Ray Wu from China in the team’s Audi R8 LMS improved from fourth on the grid to second position in the Am Masters class in the first race. In the second race, Xing Yanbin in another Audi R8 LMS overtook his more >>
• Xu Jia second in opening GTSSC race at Shanghai International Circuit• Ray Lou leads Super Trofeo Class after two races• New all-Am series marks Asian debut for Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo in GT2 specification more >>
GT Super Sprint Challenge 2021 Provisional CalendarMay 8-9: Shanghai International CircuitJune 12-13: Zhuzhou International CircuitJuly 3-4: Zhuzhou International CircuitAugust 28-29: Ningbo International SpeedparkSeptember 11-12: Shanghai International Circuit more >>
• Squadra Corse-supported Climax Racing and Phantom Pro Racing join Grid Motorsport in GT3 class for brand new all-Am GT sprint series• Asian debut for Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo in GT2 specification in points-scoring ST Class• Five-round, 10-race series gets under more >>
• PCCA to use new-for-2021 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Type 992)• Season to run alongside two Formula 1 Grands Prix and four Porsche Sports Cup China events• PCCA Porsche China 20 Years Trophy and new Am class established more >>
– Top Australian team reveals full-season entry with Mercedes-AMG GT3- His Highness Prince Jefri Ibrahim and Jazeman Jaafar also confirmed Australia’s most successful team, Triple Eight Race Engineering, will make its Blancpain GT more >>
Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia adds Chinese streaming platforms to expanded live TV package in 2019- Every race streamed live with Mandarin commentary for first time- Fox Asia and Star Sports continue live regional coverage of all 12 races more >>
– Multiple GT champion Sawa leads Japanese team’s Pro-Am line-up- Seventh GT3 manufacturer now confirmed McLaren’s new 720S GT3 will make its Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia debut in 2019 with Japanese squad more >>
– Ma and Liu team up for Am Cup assault Arrows Racing’s Honda NSX GT3 is returning to Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia full-time this year with an Am Cup driver line-up comprising Philip Ma and Alex Liu.The Malaysian s more >>
-Am Cup duo Bilski and Kiks to drive new Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo B-Quik Racing has become the latest team to confirm its Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia debut this season.The Thai squad, along with Am Cup driver pairing Daniel Bilsk more >>
– Sakamoto and Russell sign up for full-season assault HubAuto Corsa has unveiled a new-look driver line-up for this year’s Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia campaign after confirming at least one of its Ferrari 488 GT3s will return to the cha more >>
– Gregory Teo and David Tjiptobiantoro also feature in full-season Pro-Am entry T2 Motorsports will make its Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia comeback this season after confirming a full-season campaign with its distinctive blue and red Ferrari 488 more >>
– China GT frontrunners sign up for full-season assault with new Porsche 911 GT3 R One of China’s leading GT teams and driver crews, JR-M’s Li Chao and Chris van der Drift, will contest a full season of Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia in 2019 with Porsche&r more >>
> Two 2019-spec 911 GT3 Rs join team’s previously confirmed Audis> Carrera Cup champion Yuan Bo set for series debut Absolute Racing will expand its Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia programme to four cars this more >>
Vincenzo Sospiri Racing will compete in Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia this season after confirming its championship return with a Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo.The Italian team finished runners-up in the same championship’s Am drivers’ stand more >>
> Chinese Pro-Am pairing Sun and Cheng also confirmed Absolute Racing has confirmed that two of Audi’s new-for-2019 R8 LMS GT3 Evos will contest Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia in 2019.The team has enter more >>
GTO Racing with TTR duo Tony Fong and Brian Lee will compete in GT4 Asia next season with a Mercedes-AMG GT4.The pair raced together in Blancpain GT Series Asia’s GT4 class in 2018 aboard a TTR-run Porsche but are now switching to the rebranded GT4 A more >>
BMW Team Studie has confirmed that its two M4 GT4s will compete in the inaugural GT4 Asia series next season.The Japanese squad won Blancpain GT Series Asia’s GT4 Teams’ title earlier this year and are now switching to the rebranded GT4 Asia championship which is taking place on the same weekends as Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia in 2019. more >>
Australian outfit AMAC Motorsport will switch to Lamborghini’s new-for-2019 Huracan GT3 Evo when the team competes in Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia next season.This year’s Am Cup runners-up Andrew Macpherson and William Porter are b more >>
> At least two GT3s and one GT4 confirmed A new-look Craft-Bamboo Racing is returning to Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia in 2019 as an official Mercedes-AMG Performance Team.The Hong Kong squad has campaigned Pors more >>
> 2018 Porsche Junior Yuta Kamimura joins Pro/Am crew> Japanese squad first to confirm 2019 entry Porsche’s new-for-2019 911 GT3 R will compete in Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia next season following confirmation of ARN more >>
> Chinese races now staged on Friday 27 and Saturday 28 September The final rounds of 2019’s Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia and GT4 Asia campaigns at Shanghai have been moved back by one week to September 27/28. more >>
> GT title winners gather at SRO’s global end-of-season prize-giving ceremonyThis year’s Blancpain GT Series Asia champions were united in London on Saturday evening (November 24) to receive their 2018 trophies alongside titl more >>
Croatian racer Martin Kodric took the Blancpain GT Series Asia title in style after a thrilling finale at Ningbo this weekend (13-14 Oct).The brilliant FFF Racing Team by ACM driver claimed the Overall and Silver Cup crowns with a hard-fought wi more >>
Celebrations at BMW Team Studie: the team took victory at the final round of this season’s Blancpain GT Series Asia at the “Ningbo International Speedpark” (CHN) to win the Team title in the GT4 class. Takayuki Kinoshita and Sunako Jukuchou (both JPN), a more >>
Absolute Racing finished the Blancpain GT Series Asia season at Ningbo in an Audi R8 LMS with two second places. Franky Cheng/Martin Rump started race one from sixth on the grid and claimed second place. In race two, A more >>
Porsche Motorsport Asia Pacific-supported entries earned multiple points-paying finishes at the final round of the Blancpain GT Series Asia at the Ningbo International Speedpark, despite enduring a challenging weekend.Qualifying for the eleventh round more >>
Blancpain GT Series Asia Ningbo, ChinaSunday, October 14th 2018Dennis Lind and Martin Kodric ultimately ran out comfortable race and championship winners, but it could have been very different had separate issues not befallen more >>
Blancpain GT Series Asia Ningbo, ChinaSunday, October 14th 2018With the title decided yesterday, all eyes were on the fight for second in the standings between BMW Team Studie pairing Sunako Jukuchou and Takayuki Kinoshita an more >>
GT4: Renger crowned champion following Team Studie’s penalty> Foster now just five points behind Kodric/Lind with one race remaining> Win #6 helps Renger claim GT4 title?Nick Foster slashed his Drivers Cham more >>
Blancpain GT Series Asia Ningho International Speedpark, ChinaOctober 12-14th, 2018Alexandre Gibot, Head of Porsche Motorsport Asia Pacific, said: “We’re all looking forward to enjoying a fantastic climax to the 2018 Bla more >>