Porsche reveals which model will hold onto its ICE to the last


Porsche CEO Oliver Blum has made a statement most brand fans will be happy to hear, stressing that the iconic 911 will never, ever go all-electric.

Porsche CEO Oliver Blum has made a statement most brand fans will be happy to hear, stressing that the iconic 911 will never, ever go all-electric.

He pointed out that placing the traction battery at the rear end of the car is technically impossible, whereas placing it between the axles would subtract from the individuality and character of the famed sports car series. As a result, the 911 will never become a battery electric vehicle.

The German marque still expects to electrify 80% of its lineup by the beginning of the next decade. Most Porsche 911 models will fall under the remaining 20%, but some will go part-electric based on the 919 Hybrid Le-Mans tech.

Editor Andrew Raspopov





Source link

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*